GovernanceThe UFRCA, founded in 1992, was officially incorporated as a not-for-profit business in 2007. The association is administered by a 9-person Board of Directors that is elected at the Annual General Meeting. Directors are elected for a 1-year term and may be re-elected for subsequent terms. The Officers are elected by the Board and include President, Vice-President, Treasurer, and Secretary.
Each member of the Board typically chairs one committee. The present committees are Membership, Social and Events, Communications, Newsletter, Security and Municipal Liaison, Environment, Dokis Liaison, Park/MNR Liaison, and History.
Association members are urged to participate by attending UFRCA-sponsored events or activities, volunteering on a committee, and by attending the Annual General Meeting (historically the Sunday morning of the August Civic Holiday weekend). At the AGM, members hear reports from the Board, discuss and vote on a variety of topical issues, approve financial reports and the budget, and elect the Board of Directors for the coming year.
- Represent cottagers as issues arise with OPP, West Nipissing Police, West Nipissing Fire Department, West Nipissing Municipality, North Bay Mattawa Conservation Authority, MNRF, French River Provincial Park, etc.
- Provide regular e-mail updates and newsletters and this web site to communicate with the membership on a variety of topical issues
- Sponsor programmes and activities such as Adopt-a-Campsite, Dock Sales, and other social events
- Conduct the Annual General Meeting where you can vote anhave a voice among cottage owners with concerns similar to yours
- Permit members' access to the secure members-only part of the web site which includes past newsletters, the Membership Directory of fellow cottagers, and the Cottage Histories section
- Engage in water testing programs; partnerships with WRAFT and FOCA, and French River Provincial Park; and other initiatives which are within the mandate of the UFRCA.