Thanks to Kathy LaBranche for sending this image she discovered in Banff AB. Click on the image to enlarge, and "think about summer".
GovernanceThe UFRCA, founded in 1992, was officially incorporated as a not-for-profit business in 2007. The association is administered by a 9-person Board of Directors that is elected at the Annual General Meeting. Directors are elected for a 1-year term and may be re-elected for subsequent terms. The Officers are elected by the Board and include President, Vice-President, Treasurer, and Secretary.
Each member of the Board typically chairs one committee. The present committees are Membership, Social and Events, Communications, Newsletter, Security and Municipal Liaison, Environment, Dokis Liaison, Park/MNR Liaison, and History.
Association members are urged to participate by attending UFRCA-sponsored events or activities, volunteering on a committee, and by attending the Annual General Meeting (historically the Sunday morning of the August Civic Holiday weekend). At the AGM, members hear reports from the Board, discuss and vote on a variety of topical issues, approve financial reports and the budget, and elect the Board of Directors for the coming year.
- Represent cottagers on issues that arise with OPP, West Nipissing Police, West Nipissing Fire Department, West Nipissing Municipality, North Bay Mattawa Conservation Authority, MNRF, French River Provincial Park, etc.
- Provide regular e-mail updates and newsletters and this web site to communicate with the membership on a variety of topical issues
- Sponsor programmes and activities such as Adopt-a-Campsite, Dock Sales, and other social events
- Conduct the Annual General Meeting where you can vote anhave a voice among cottage owners with concerns similar to yours
- Provide to members newsletters and on request the Membership Directory of fellow cottagers and the Cottage Histories document.
- Engage in various environmental programmes such as water testing; partner with WRAFT and FOCA, and French River Provincial Park; and other initiatives which are within the mandate of the UFRCA.