2017 UFRCA PHOTO CONTEST
The 2017 version of the UFRCA Photo Contest is now open. Awards will be presented at the 2017 Annual General Meeting. See the Gallery for past entries and award winners. Note that the contest is open to current UFRCA members only.
When submitting include:
a) The UFRCA member name associated with the photos.
b) For each photographer, full name and mailing address
if different than the address on record with UFRCA
c) Entry category for each photo
- Any photo may be entered except those entered in a previous UFRCA contest
- 10 MB max file size
Jeff’s Helpful Hints
- After submitting, watch your inbox! You will receive a confirming email from Jeff Hamilton (sent to the email address that was used to send the entry). If Jeff does not reply, try again!
- If possible, use your computer to send photos. A winning photo must have good resolution. Sending pictures from your phone tends to compress the pictures. We suggest a file size greater than 100K for decent resolution. Files less than 50K will not be considered. If you don’t understand file size, find a teenager and ask for help.
- Think about the categories and content. Increase your chance of winning by entering in all three categories.
- Visit http://ufrca.com and look at last year’s winners in the Photo Gallery.
- The judges receive printed 4 X 6 copies of each picture. There are many photos to be printed and they are “auto cropped.” That means that the computer decides how best to center the content if the picture is not already formatted with a height to width ratio that matches a 4 X 6 print (that’s a 3:2 aspect ratio in camera talk). This usually is not a problem; but can be if the photo is very odd shaped (such as wide panoramic pictures).
- Study the judging critera. There are 100 possible points.